As the town of Hunstanton grew during the 19th century so did the number of nonconformists. The Le Strange family who were Anglicans owned all the land. Property agreements prohibited the holding of nonconformist services on any ground above the high water mark.
The church first gathered at low tide on the beach between 1850-1870 before permission was granted for our chapel to be built where the church meets today.
After Union Chapel was built. It was stated then that " .. it shall always be available for the services of all evangelical nonconformists."
Our constitution stipulates that Union will be at least two denominational and will support the work of two free church denominations.
It was in 1890 that the church officially joined the URC and Baptist denominations and was affiliated with the Evangelical Alliance, all of which it continues in relationship with today.